• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter Inlet, Outlet and CO2 Diffuser Positioning

Redsedge

Hi, hoping for some advice on optimum positioning of filter inlet, outlet and ( future ) CO2 diffuser. Tank is a 60 x 40 x 38cm 90 litre with an Oase Biotherm 250 filter. I intend to have the majority of the hard scape/planting at one side of the tank (triangular arrangement) with a relatively clear swimming space at the opposite side. I haven’t purchased any alternative filter inlet or outlet but like the look of the glass lily pipe style. I’ll probably introduce CO2 at some point in the future. So my question is where should I position the filter inlet and outlet in a set up as described and where would be best to position a CO2 diffuser in the future?

So my question is where should I position the filter inlet and outlet in a set up as described and where would be best to position a CO2 diffuser in the future?

Hi,
The answer to this is highly subjective but if you end up going down the lily pipe route most would advise creating a circular flow pattern thus having the inlet and outlet on the same corner of the tank (with the lily pipe directed along the longest aspect, front or back) will facilitate this.
You wouldn't have to scour the net too deeply to find many examples of this.
Cheers!

Well, after some further reading I think I’m going to go for CO2 injection from the outset rather than introduce it at some point after livestock is added. However, whilst this makes sense on one level it leaves me wondering how newly acquired fish, that haven’t been accustomed to CO2 will cope with sudden introduction to it? Any views on this or advice on how to minimise adverse reactions would be welcomed. Some photos attached of the project so far. Will be a slight pause until I get paid before the CO2 arrives! 🙁
IMG_1510.jpeg
IMG_1511.jpeg
IMG_1512.jpeg
IMG_1515.jpeg

Back