• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter not working

clernauskis

Hi there.

I have a Juwel Rio 240. Recently doing a water change and eccoflow 600 pump just stopped working. No visible damage and propellor looks fine.
I bought a new pump but it stopped working after 30 seconds.
Both pumps work fine if I put them in bucket of water and turn them on.
I changed from the sponges to my own filter media in the chamber around 2 years ago and never had any problems.
Does anyone know of any reason the pump won’t work in the filter unit?
It is sitting in the unit fine and can’t see anything strange in the unit. This is the first problem I have had with the tank or any other juwel tank I have had in the past.

Any suggestions welcome 🙏

Recently doing a water change and eccoflow 600 pump just stopped working. No visible damage and propellor looks fine.
I changed from the sponges to my own filter media in the chamber around 2 years ago and never had any problems.
Hello @clernauskis

Summarising, you have two pumps that work but don't work when attached to the filter unit. This leads me to think that the filter media is clogged or some pipework (in the filter, in/out pipes etc) is blocked.

What is the media in your filter?

Summarising, you have two pumps that work but don't work when attached to the filter unit. This leads me to think that the filter media is clogged or some pipework (in the filter, in/out pipes etc) is blocked.
Or the tap needs to be opened. :happy:

I say this because on more than one occasion I’ve done the opposite and not closed a tap before disconnecting a hose. Excessive moisture ensued …

Are you running your bucket test attached to the same electrical socket?

Hello @clernauskis

What is the media in your filter?
Thanks for the reply.

I am using bags with bio rings and other bags with matrix. Filter wool on the top.

Hi there.

I have a Juwel Rio 240. Recently doing a water change and eccoflow 600 pump just stopped working. No visible damage and propellor looks fine.
Does anyone know of any reason the pump won’t work in the filter unit?
It is sitting in the unit fine and can’t see anything strange in the unit. This is the first problem I have had with the tank or any other juwel tank I have had in the past.

Any suggestions welcome 🙏
Thanks for the replies guys.
I found a part of the filter housing that I didn’t realise could be removed. There was some gunk in there and I cleaned it all out thoroughly. Pump is now working. Now got 2 pumps haha.
Thanks again for the help troops 🙏❤️🙏

Also, I think the important
Thanks for the replies guys.
I found a part of the filter housing that I didn’t realise could be removed. There was some gunk in there and I cleaned it all out thoroughly. Pump is now working. Now got 2 pumps haha.
Thanks again for the help troops 🙏❤️🙏
Well, it won't do any harm to have a backup! So all is well that ends well!

Back