• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter options for a 60L

mattyc

Hello guys i al looking at my filter options for my 60L tank, i currently use a fluval 205 but i am unsure if there is enough flow (rated at 680 l/h) bearing in mind that the rated flow is higher than what it does in real life! any ideas?

ttex700 would be what i would go with personally, and then if there is any flow problems add a koralia nano :thumbup:

edit: Just re-read the question again lol: I would probably say that your 205 should be sufficiant as long as it doesnt contain much filter floss, and that you clean out the filter, and pipes regularly, otherwise, just keep what you have and add a koralia.

i did realise i said my filter does have enough flow but i am unsure that is gets thing all the way around the tank, the plants dont move much so i am unsure the flow is good enough?

i dont realy want to put any other equiptment in the tank, i would sooner change the filter!!

i spose, its all down to personal opinion becuase compared to others, i find that koralia's arent the worst looking powerheads on the market,

I hear eheims are efficiant, and live up to their flow rate much better than any other filters, maybe look at a 700lph+ one of them of money permits. :thumbup:

i might go for a EX1200 and the flow will get restricted by the 13mm lilly pipes i would imagen about a 25% lower flow than the rated when using these pipes which will be around 900 L/h which is a 15x turnover.

they are but all the readily available 17mm lillys are much too big. Annoyingly the cheap glassware aquaessentails used to stock have long since gone so really the only choice these days TGM's cal aqua or similarly expensive Do Aqua.

You missed out the cheapish glassware from Far east through ebay. Think you can get an ADA imitation inlet and outlet for less than 30 quid including delivery

Cheers, Dan. I'd not noticed any on there lately but I could be wrong, they're very good the only issue is that they really need more slits in them to avoid back pressuring the filter. I've yet to come up with a quick and easy way of adding more though, a dremel might be an option but mine is back in Stoke and I'm in Leeds otherwise I'd give it a whirl.

Back