• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filtering a Dutch style aquascape

livewire

Hello,

I am leaning towards a Dutch style scape for my new tank but have a question about filtration.

The tank will be 90x45x45, I have 2 x Tetra Tec EX1200 with spray bars to use.

I would want to use around 3-4 types of stem plants which will be planted at the background, all I can picture is the stems bent over due to the flow created by the 2 filters. I would like to use lily pipes but access to the rear of the tank will be an issue so removing the lily pipes to clean them regularly would be a nightmare so not really an option.

Fauna wise I would only be stocking the tank lightly, so could I just get away with using 1 of the EX1200's with a long spray bar (say 75cm) so that the flow is kept down, but with low flow will I run into other problems?

If you have two filters and two sets of lilys have you thought of the returns on opposing ends one front and one back to create a circular flow ? Ive seen that method on several tanks on here.

If you have two filters and two sets of lilys have you thought of the returns on opposing ends one front and one back to create a circular flow ? Ive seen that method on several tanks on here.

The problem is I will be using spray bars, mainly because access to the back of the tank will be difficult so removing lily pipes from the filter pipes to clean them would be a nightmare. So spray bars are the best option for the set up.

The problem is I will be using spray bars, mainly because access to the back of the tank will be difficult so removing lily pipes from the filter pipes to clean them would be a nightmare. So spray bars are the best option for the set up.

Thats the problem, LOL. My suggestion was in response to you saying having the spraybars at the back would result in all your stems just being blown forward. If you put the lily pipes at the side then you dont have to have access to the back ;)

You nutter, lily pipes and spray bars are two different things. :facepalm:

I will be using spraybars and they will run across the back of the tank.

Back