• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Finest bubbles

Vazkez

Hi there :)

this my sound as a noob question with so many CO2 users here however I gonna ask anyway :p I am pumping CO2 to my external filter via UP inline atomizer and I would like to ask what creats finest bubbles to make the filter dissolving the bubbles faster / better. Higher pressure with lower bubble rate or lower pressure with higher bubble rate. I probably know the aswer already but just to be sure :)

Thank you for your time :)

Vazz

It doesn't really matter and they're measuring two different things really. The pressure is the force over the area of the fluid in this case co2, bubbles rate is the flowrate or how much volume of co2 is going into the thank. You can increase the flow rate by either increasing the hydraulic area by opening the valve or by forcing more fluid through by increasing the pressure. The misting is done when the CO2 passes the pores in the ceramic.

Personally I would keep the pressure down as low as possible as long as you're getting the flowrate you want.

I've tried this when i first started using the new up inline.
People say that higher pressures produce finer mist but when i tested from 0-6bar and it made no difference whatsoever to the size of bubbles, well not measurable with my eyes anyway

I have the same problem I can not see defference so that's why I asked :p

Back