• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Firing a FE For The First Time

It's that time, my disposable bottle is just about to run out. I have a D-D converter and my 2kg FE ready. I've been looking through the DIY guide can I just clear something up, when I pull the trigger to release the co2 is it done with the regulator open or closed?
It's hard to understand whether I close the reg and needle valve then press the trigger or open them up press the trigger for an initial burst.

Thanks so once the gauges are on but the reg in closed pull the trigger, connect up my tubing and open the reg? There seems to be a bit of controversy surrounding ptfe tape I read. A lot of members saying no, I understand the principle though, if the ptfe stops the converter tightening down on the o ring that can prevent it sealing as well as possibility of bits of ptfe getting in the reg :? others say they have always used it no problems.
I guess it would be best to have a roll handy if any leaks show up with some soapy water knock it off and try with some on.

Never use PTFE tape on a gas connection. If it doesnt seal, there is something else wrong. Bits of PTFE WILL get into the reg, and ruin it.

It's ok, I managed to get things going without problems without any ptfe.

Back