• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First attempt at aquascaping... critique welcome

L3igh

Seedling
Just wanted some opinions / critique on my build ... thanks for looking

Attachments

• 15369421919244687343819115321305.jpg
    15369421919244687343819115321305.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 191
L3igh

It looks like you did not do very much good research work before you set your tank up.

You have a good selection of rocks and drift wood and that is about as far as it goes.

Did you find any thing about setting up a mock tank its on several Forums including UKAPS plus the Forums I am a Member.

The rocks look like they have been very carefully in lines or uninteresting locations giving the Aquascape an uninteresting appeal and, then the DW placed on top looking rather flat.

The substrate has many levels and curves making it hard to get a good eye flow.

With some more work I am sure you can do a lot better.

I seen to be rather critical and hard but at least I am very honest as members who know me would agree.

Keith:wave::wave:

Thankyou everyone so far .... so I'll have a play with the rocks and substrate ... I really like the curve in it at the front of the tank but I'll smooth it out a bit and see what that looks like ... I get your point regards the rocks looking like they are in a row when looking at the tank face on ... i was going for a rocks tumbling down a hill kinda vibe whilst trying to get some hollows and hiding spots for my khuli and golden loaches .... i shall continue to tinker with it over the weekend

L3igh
Just wanted some opinions / critique on my build ... thanks for looking

That is what I gave you as had as it was.

I still think start a Mock Tank and work in that until its the best you can do with what you have.

You can get the Substrate done in the tank. With the mock tank cheap sand or even garden soil will work.

Thanks keith and no worries im old enough and ugly enough to take an honest opinion and I'll take your advice and try some different placements etc etc ... but as much as want to make a good job within the parameters of my limited knowledge I have to bear in mind I'm not doing this to win any competitions , just trying to make something I personally find aesthetically pleasing ... it's always satisfying to better ones self though... so I'll keep working at it .

L3igh

With this and my design experience plus a little extra time you will have an excellent Aquascape that you will be proud of.
just trying to make something I personally find aesthetically pleasing

Back