• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First attempt with CRS & CBS

Hi,

CBS are molting, growing and getting nice colours. Ten specimens were introduced in the tank two weeks ago, and unfortunately one of them died two days ago :(

Yesterday they were enjoying lunch time, and I couldn't resist to take a picture, hope you like it!

Cheers,

Jose

1zd85cy.jpg

Yesterday I cooked some home-made food sticks for the shrimps and they really liked them. Here you have the ingredient list just in case you would like to give it a try

broccoli
zucchini
spinach
green peas
carrots
green pepper
red pepper
strawberries
apple
garlic
dill
paprika
shrimp food
fish food

Just boil the first 5 ingredients for 5 mins. Then mix everything together and homogenize using a food processor. Finally boil some water and add agar-agar, when ready add it to the mix. Spread it in the oven tray and dry it slowly at 50ºC for several ours.

Your shrimps will love you!

Next time I will add also some dry marine algae, spiruline, banana, cucumber, etc ...

Delicious!

Jose

15fq97n.jpg

1255o9c.jpg

Nice, the male sakura in the 2nd last pic is very strongly coloured. I especially like the willow moss, it seems to be thriving in your tank, looks more like Egeria spp. at a glance! :)

Nice, the male sakura in the 2nd last pic is very strongly coloured. I especially like the willow moss, it seems to be thriving in your tank, looks more like Egeria spp. at a glance! :)
I'm glad to know you like them trhee-fingers! Now one the Sakura females is carrying eggs, hopefully the male in the second picture is the father! The willow moss was collected here in Majorca island in a seasonal stream, to date is thriving in the tank but I'm worried about what will happen when the summer arrives and the temperature gets higher, and higher, and higher ... :nailbiting:

Thanks for visiting and writing in this thread!

Jose

Hi, today I have found a little Sakura shrimp! Could be more but with such a planted tank finding them is not that easy. Here you have a couple of shots. The first one is the little Sakura (not in focus, sorry) and the later is from a (beautiful) molting. Hope you like them.

All the best,

Jose

n6chgj.jpg

dblk05.jpg

Hi friends, today is a great day for the tank! I have just found a berried CBS. Hope everything will go fine ...

I would like to share with you a picture of that shrimp and some others that I have taken in the way.

Hope you like them.

Cheers,

Jose

21aiwiq.jpg

qpjcjb.jpg

jizy3n.jpg

2e4dzlk.jpg

Congratulations Jose! It's been fast for being a first attempt,isn't it?
How the local Fontinalis antypiretica doing? I will be doing quite a lot of field work in the coming weeks and I think I will have the chance to pick some.

Jordi

Hi Jordi, yes, it has been very fast, but let's wait until we see the shrimplets ... still 3-4 long weeks left ...

Fontinalis antipyretica is doing well since the first day in the tank. I have to trim it every 2-3 weeks, fast growing plant taking into account that this is a non-CO2 tank. I'm worried about the summer temperatures here in Majorca island, but I'm working in a cooling system using PC fans and an electronic temperature controller. Let's see the response of both plants and shrimps to the summer heating.

Good luck in your field work, have fun and get Fontinalis for your tanks!

All the best,

Jose

Back