• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First Shrimp Tank **UPDATED**

Re: First Shrimp Tank

logi-cat said:
Ill see how it goes before i remove it
I would see too, i had it on wood and it looked great. One thing though, when it gets going trim it hard and frequently as if you leave it the lower portions brown and it comes loose from its fixing. Regular trimming will prevent this im sure :thumbup:
I like the simplicity of this tank, will be great for shrimp.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Re: First Shrimp Tank

Its been a week now so i thought i would post an update. Parameters are spot on for CRS, so yesterday went to MA and picked up my first three CRSs. They are not high grades but they will do for now. Put them in the tank yesterday afternoon and when i got back from work yesterday (around 10pm), i already notice that one of them had molted. Flame moss is growing surprisingly well for a week. The wood has some fuzz on it, but that can be expected; hopefully it will go away in a few weeks.
Will be looking to go to FreshWaterShrimp headquarters and picking up some top notch shrimp when i'm free. Will upload pictures tomorrow.

Here's how the tank looked on 26/11/12:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's how the tank looks as of today (02/12/12):

And some random shots of the shrimps:

I acquired another 5 CRS at my local MA on friday, so in total there are now 8. I have some weeping moss which i will attach to small pieces of slate which i will scatter around the substrate. So far i am happy with how it look. Don't think i will buy anything else; just gonna wait for it to evolve.

Looks cracking mate, really clean. Colour and health of moss us spot on! Have u trimmed it or just let it grow?

How much where the shrimp?

moss hasn't been trimmed yet, will trim it when it gets longer so i can re use it. shrimps were 4 for £14, but being a known customer to them, they done 5 for £15.

5 for 15! That's a bargain!! Being a face in MA pays off haha.

They must be fairly hardy or do MA treat them to soft water and baby them?

Back