• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First time jungle

Thanks guys.
yes, incredibly lucky here.

Just checked and still have quite a few babies under the leave, with daddy (I pressume) guarding.

As I have 3 sparkles, I assume I have at least 1 of each sex, but guessing, I think there are two males as the biggest one was flashing yesterday to the smallest one. Pondered if that is a male flashing a female. All the fins are of similar length, but when my imagination allows it, i think the smallest one is slightly less sparkly than the others.

Thanks Faizal. It's very simple really.. dont assume you know anything, try everything and if all else fails, realize that nature will find a balance now matter what. And a good sense of humour always help.
Many thanks for the compliment

got home tonight and found the sparkling gouramis spawning.. was well exciting!!! yipee

This jungle is now closed, plants are up for sale and some are in the holding tank.
Many thanks for all the input and comments guys, many tanks.
newtank002.jpg

short version, changing jobs and the as we are renting at the moment, the owners sprang a surprise return to the UK. It left us to change our plans for the immediate future till we get jobs, etc fully sorted and know our longterm settlement plans.
A smaller tank is easier to deal with till we are settled and know what longterm brings.
Really, I should just quite, but I love any type of Waterlife too much.. dont we all.. LOL
That is also why the tank and most of my marine stuff is going for sale as well.
Had a return look to the marine world on forums and thought.. now what would a more vertical tank look, set-up to look like a riverbank drop off...hmmmm

Back