• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish size and compatablility

Planted new

Hello all hope.everyone is well need some help I have a custom tank l 94 w63 d 60
Stock is African leopard bush fish African knife 2 kirbs and I hope still there a twig catfish but haven't seen it for months and no body also recently bought a black spotted eel wanted for a while

My question is has anyone had these fish before how big do they get and what's everyone's experience with them I have tried researching online but all I can find is wild information I know in the wild they can get to 50 cm but the shop told.me average about 30 in the aquarium as much info as possible please I got it from warf aquatics and been told they are really good and know their stuff in fact one of the best he has been in a day and had him taking food from me same day earth worms bought from same place he is settling quite well I was worried due to 5 hour drive and managed to get out the bag while.i was acclimating him but all good so far sorry for.long post more.info is always better

I would’ve said you would have been better off with a 120cm tank for the fish you already had.

I’m not sure what a black spotted eel is without seeing the scientific name. I’m guessing some kind of spiny eel? some of these stay quite small, others can end up giants.

I would’ve said you would have been better off with a 120cm tank for the fish you already had.

I’m not sure what a black spotted eel is without seeing the scientific name. I’m guessing some kind of spiny eel? some of these stay quite small, others can end up giants.

Oh really may I ask what makes you say that bear in mind it's nearly as wide and as deep as it is long it's a 350l did I get my research wrong? The scientific name is Mastacembelus dayi

Yes it is a family of the spiny a more med size for wat I can gather certainly.not a tank buster like the fire eel but not as small as the yellow fin

Back