• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fitting an Up Aqua online diffuser on fluval 405?

Ajm200

Hi,

Is it possible to fit an inline co2 diffuser to fluval ribbed hosing without leaks?

The LFS advised me against a hydor inline heater as they said it wouldn't fit the hosing properly. Will I have the same problem with an inline diffusor? We've just had our hardwood floor replaced after a burst pipe and I doubt the insurance or DH would look kindly on another mishap. For the same reason, I'm reluctant to feed co2 into the filter intake.

I really don't like the look of the jbl diffusor that came with my kit and I've read on here that they aren't that good. What other options would you suggest for a 425l tank with 2x fluval 405 (I wanted 2 x fx5 but I'm already 200 quid over budget :( ). Most of the options I've found are for smaller tanks or lower flow rates. Also, do you recommend using spraybars to increase circulation as I have nowhere near the 10x flow you recommend

Sorry about all the newbie questions but until now my biggest planted tank was 60l low tech so this is all new to me and on this scale mistakes will be costly.
Thanks
Amanda

Hi Amanda.

I'd advise against it personally. However, one thing I would advise doing with your Fluval is replacing the ribbed tubing with silicone hose. I've done this with a Fluval 204 with ease. Searching around, the internal diametre of the 405 ribbed hose is apparently 5/8ths inch (16mm). I'd do some further research personally.

If you replace the hose, you'll need a new inlet and outlet. I've used Eheim install kit inlets/outlets in the past but anything the right size will be fine (Tetratec etc).

Have a search in the Filters section of the forum, as it's been discussed a few times in the past :)

Hi Steve

Thanks for the advice. I'll do some reading when the kids are in bed then probably wait until the tank is setup to see how it does before looking at changing hoses etc.

Thanks again

Amanda
p

Back