• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flame Moss advice

SmallestFrog

I recently bought some Flame Moss, a fair amount, and a good half or maybe more of it arrived pretty brown. I planted it into the tank anyway, but while the parts that were green seem to be thriving, the brown doesn't seem to be getting any better, if anything a little worse.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice, and can it be salvaged? If not and it was sent in bad condition then I will have a word with the seller in question. But I wanted to make sure it is not me being dense first :)

Erm, little info about my tank. 60 ltr, DIY c02 through venturi, daily ferts (neutro+ from AE) and regular 20-50% water changed. At least every 2-3 days, bigger changes weekly. PH is approaching 8, last time I checked, 7.8ish. Hard water but not sure specifics.

brown moss rarley (if ever) recovers. you might get new growth from it , but the brown parts are probably kaput.

Seller was not very helpful, claimed all moss - even the dead bits - were fine. They've talked themselves out of more custom from me!

Thanks for the help Darren

Back