• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flourish Mistake!

TarkMalbot

Only just realised I have been feeding Flourish Excel in the tank for the last 2 weeks after ordering it by mistake rather than just normal Flourish! We have been dosing Excel along with injected Co2. I have been away working for 2 weeks and the wife has reported that the plants aren't looking so good and the Co2 has run out! Hopefully I will be home tomorrow so will try and fix it ASAP and not lose all the plants.

There's nothing wrong with dosing Excel along with CO2. Your plants aren't doing well because you ran out of CO2 which probably caused a defficiency. Just keep on dosing the Excel and fix your CO2 asap.

*edit* My bad, I read Excel instead of Flourish. Yes, start dosing Flourish asap too. Although I still think your main problem will be related to the lack of CO2.

I have a full EI kit waiting for me to mix up, a Eheim 600 filter, 2kg FE, Regulator and UP inline atomiser to install as soon as I get home!

Its just a waiting game now and hoping they can be saved.

Hi,
switch the lights off permanently until you get home, at least that way the plants won't be demanding any co2 or ferts.....if you do this don't dose excel either.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back