Fluctating CO2

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by sisko, 25 Oct 2008.

1. sisko

sisko Member

Sometimes when the CO2 turns on the bubbles come around 1 bps and sometimes 2-3 bps. Do you think it's the needle valve or maybe the solenoid? I'm using normal silicone airline, can that be the problem? Don't use diffuser, a pump breaks the bubbles.

2. Stu Worrall

Stu Worrall Forum Moderator Staff Member

solenoid should just be on/off so maybe it is your needle valve. Id also get some proper co2 hose as you muight find the normal airline will leak after a while.

3. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

I run my CO2 without a diffusor too, I use the Hydor mini pump to diffuse the CO2. My bubble counter is sofast that I can't even count how much co2 is put into the tank in terms of bps. I think this happens as there is no pressure in the tubbing. Do you have a drop checker in the tank? what does that tell you?

4. sisko

sisko Member

Yes I have a drop checker which is always green. I have a new plant in the tank, a Hygrophila difformis and the leafs are hardly distorted. Some other plants look a bit weird too. The dosage should be fine that's why I'm suspecting CO2 problems. I guess I'll wait another few days see how it grows than invest some money in a new needle vale and proper tubing. :D