• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluke solve seems not to be working

Veggies. Frozen worms, bloods once per week, freeze dried bloods, soaked in water for 30 mins, once per month, tetra mini baby flakes, algae wafers, catfish pellets and flakes.

No it is worms. Fish were getting thin, before dying their bodies got bent and were floating.
I lost my last female guppy and my white cloud.

I don't want fish anymore :(

If it’s camallanus I don’t think fluke solve will work. May be worth giving esha ndx a go. Very effective stuff.

Cheers

Last edited:
Ime Esha is not effective :( I lost all fish, only my BN plec remains alive. I may as well just get two mystery snails off eBay for my last £9.

I’d recommend not buying guppy’s. A lot of the time the quality is terrible and live bearers from the Far East are often infested with worms.

I know. I bought a molly then everything happened.

Hold up everyone!! The minnow was really bent in half yesterday, today he is straightened out and swimming just fine.

I have no idea what is going on and what has happened to him.

I know have you feel. I'm a fish killer and I never know what to do. It's very frustrating. Temperature and water parameters seem to be fine. I change 30% water every week. They seem to be ok but I still kill at least one a month. I'm giving up too. When this lot die no more fish.

I know have you feel. I'm a fish killer and I never know what to do. It's very frustrating. Temperature and water parameters seem to be fine. I change 30% water every week. They seem to be ok but I still kill at least one a month. I'm giving up too. When this lot die no more fish.
Could it be Chloramines? what kind of water do you use for water changes and how are you treating it? i always double dose my de-chlorinator and i fill up from just the cold tap around 40% of the tank volume dropping 2-3C in temp, and my fish are solid, however i don't keep anything too complicated.

Could you have had bad luck with local pipe dosing and water works maybe, would be interested to hear more about your experience as you are in london.

I use tap water and Seachem Prime as dechlorinator
Should be no worries with prime.... weird that! are you using anything collected or any "found" rocks in the tank? absolutely anything you can think of that might be putting something into the water column...

Nope. Gravel. Plants. Wood logs from shop
Got a reliable thermometer to double check your tanks temperature throughout the day on a weekend? is your heater overheating? i'm just going through all the things that have happened to me in the past right now... :lol:

I know how you are feeling though, early days of the hobby i used to get deaths and feel really lost, but generally it is something you have done wrong, or done too quickly which has caused a fish to die, or it came from the LFS with genetic issues or parasites and it was going to die anyway which you can't help as a hobbyist.

I feel you, I feel so determined to save the minnow then buy him some friends! Its so sad seeing him alone, stressed and scared even of food :( He seems to be getting fatter from thin. Fingers crossed.

If you could post your tank set up, what equipment you use, temperature, any specific signs that fish show off etc.
For now I would suggest you doing weekly 75% water changes, whether you agree on this or not (I had people abuse me bc of that), double dosing Seachem every water change, do them twice per week. Before you commit on doing that, clean everything in the tank and change every little % of water.

Also, test your tank (old and 1 day old) water and tap for chlorine and tap water that has been left out untouched for 24 hours. I find JBL liquid tests ideal.

Back