• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Aquasky 2.0

swackett

I recently replaced the LED light that came with the Fluval Roma with an aquasky 2. Its running in auto mode with an 1.5 hour sunrise and sunset.

Should it dim from slowly and consistently dim during the sunset phase ? I just watched it about 3 minutes before sunset end and it dimmed, then went to green light, then back to a white light, then to a blue light and then off.

Should it dim from slowly and consistently dim during the sunset phase ?
Yes, in the sunset phase it should be a gradual fade until it hits night mode, and then go off when it hits sleep mode. Have you entered any parameters into the night setting and sleep setting?

Post a screen shot of the auto mode set up if you're unsure.
Photo attached for reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230510_053920_FluvalSmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230510_053920_FluvalSmart.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Thanks, is not very gradual for me, it's seems to have a stepped gradient in use. For example 10 minutes before the end of sunset it still seems pretty bright where I would expect it be almost off.

Screenshot_20230510_071445_FluvalSmart.jpg

I suppose the only practical advice to offer is try shortening the ramp down and see if that smoothes how it fades out. You could also add a night peroid to allow tank viewing to offset any loss of a shorter ramp down.

When I called Fluval tech support he seemed to think it maybe faulty, he said it should not switch between normal light and green light momentarily before the off time. I missed a call back from him, I'll call back on Monday to see what he suggests.

I swapped the light for another which was easy thanks to my local Maidenheadc aquatics. The replacement light behaved in the same way ☹️. Fluval are still investigating as it should not behave like this.

Just wondering if anyone that has an aquasky 2 could see what their light does just before it switches off for me?

Thanks

Here is a video showing the light behaviour 1 minute before "off" time, is this normal?
Aquasky 2.0
Hi there,

I only can tell i have had this light couple good months ago and it wasn’t like this.

Light was operating very smoothly.

Maybe they are having a faulty batch or something.

It happens sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, yes possibly, I did think it should gradually fade to darkness rather than darken in stages.

Back