• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Edge 6 gallon - Canadian Style

FlyingHellFish

Seedling
Greetings UK, just thought I sign up here since you guys have really nice scapes.

Here mine,

Old Old set up:

HfXCzl.jpg

Old set up:

gfIuCl.jpg

Current:

ne7sll.jpg

JCMwkl.jpg

gSkCul.jpg

Specs:
Flourite Black
Flourite Flourish, Iron, Excel
NPK in dry fertilizers
1.5 bps Aquatic Life Compact

kUicAl.jpg

The Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides was a hitch hiker that came with my HC Cuba rocks. From the one small stem, it grew into what you see in the picture. It is a beast of a plant and grows way too fast.

6He21l.jpg

9l7eCl.jpg

UXgvOl.jpg

tmwQal.jpg

aSX50l.jpg

I love the tank and I love how dense the Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides is :)

It is a digital picture frame next to the glass. Thanks , I'm trying to get the HC to be less dense with a similar leaf size throughout the tank. I think I might be over doing the fertilizers and light.

Lovely looking setup. Just started one myself. Not sure where its going as I can't decide whether to go low tech with ferts and easy carbo or go co2. How long do your co2 bottles last ??
Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Martin, I actually use Excel (same as your easy carbo) plus Co2. I do it to keep the algae at bay and it does help out my HC Cuba. My 5lb Co2 tank lasted me for 1 year. I'm using this set up now instead.

StUOJl.jpg

Hello maaaaate

Looks really nice. I like the fluval edge tank and thought it would be a huge battle to achieve something like this.

What light are you now using? Can we have some more details.
Also what is the aquatic life compact your using?

I've always wondered about adding iron, it seems when ever I are HC carpets like that the grower is usually adding iron...not always but I've noticed it.

Is their any point dosing excel if your injection co2 ¿?

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7
Another way of boosting carbon availability without over gassing.

Aquatic Life Compact Regulator
CGA320 to Paintball Adapter
20 oz JT paintball cylinder with clear level indicator.

XJvB0l.jpg

Yeah I do excel, I just do it to kill the algae.

This is the wrong approach to the use of Excel. It's better to think more in terms about it's ability to effectively supplement the delivery of CO2, rather than it's ability to kill.

Cheers,

Back