• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval edge low tech help

liam1712

Seedling
Need some ideas for my fluval edge looking background plants on the right hand side behind the wood any ideas?

Low light and no c02
Substrate is very fine black gravel

I'm thinking vallisneria? Would this be ok?

u3eqyhyq.jpg

+2 for cryps, but you're gona need more than just sand to grow them in unless you plan on dosing fertz...even then I wouldn't recommend it. If you haven't already, why not take a peek at the tutorials section for further info.

Yeah ill have a look now cheers prob will dose fertz though

Has anyone got any vallisneria in there tanks and if so how are they doing?

My only complaint about vallisneria is that they can easily take over the tank if you let them. They'll send runners out everywhere and you'll be ripping the new shoots out constantly. Crypts do this to but at a much slower rate. If you want a smaller version of vallisneria then go for Dwarf Sagittaria (Sagittaria subulata). It will grow like crazy sending out runners taking over the tank but the plants are much smaller in height.

In my opinion tying some Anubias on that wood will be awesome when the roots grow downwards creating a curtain over it, I think I seen a similar effect created by Foxfish but I don't remember the thread.

In my opinion tying some Anubias on that wood will be awesome when the roots grow downwards creating a curtain over it, I think I seen a similar effect created by Foxfish but I don't remember the thread.
That sounds like a really good idea will have to give it ago and I think crypts will be a great idea for the background cheers guys :rolleyes:

Does anyone know of anyone selling anubias nana and any crypts?

Back