• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Flex 57l low tech

bionicfinger

Seedling
Hi,

Here is my first "proper" attempt at a low tech planted tank after a small disaster with my corner tank (long story which I won't go into here).

I've removed the carbon media and will add Seachem Matrix very soon before stocking the tank. Also ordered some clip on filter guards to cover the very large intakes on the left hand side as I'm worried that shrimp will end up stuck at the back of the tank. I'm not planning on upgrading anything else or injecting co2.

Substrate is Tropica Soil. I'm dosing Tropica Premium Nutrition once a week and a daily dose of liquid co2.

In terms of fish/shrimp, at the moment I'm thinking about 6 amanos and 1 betta. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Any other thoughts/comments most welcome.
IMG_1796.JPG

Hi
It looks good.For the shrimp can put some sponge in back to stop them going in but likely few will manage anyway wich is not an issue for them.Have U thought fitting an spraybar instead.I did on my aqua nano.Got myself one of the Hydom AP-1000 internal filters only few quid for the spraybar and fitted it with a small piece of 12/16 hose.Not sure what is your outlet pipe diameter so better check it and the spraybar lenght too.
Regards Konsa

Back