• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval hose change

gzylo

Hi

Does anyone tried to change standard ribbed fluval 405 hoses to silicone ones?

I believe that inside diameter of fluval 305/405 hose is 16mm

if so what hoses did you used.

Thanks
gzylo

I've done this on a 204 and 205. Just used standard silicone hose. I've used eheim and non-name for this in the past. You will have to replace the inlet/outlet as well, as the Fluval ones aren't designed for silicone hosing.

Hi Haze,

How did you get the replacement hose over the rim of the tank?? I have gotten some tubing that fits my Fluval 405 but cos it's not ribbed it kinks and it's too wide for the supplied Fluval hose securing brackets... My intentions was to replace the hose when I installed me new AquaMedic 1000 Co2 reactor but due to the above I've had to keep the original Fluval tubing...

I have a fluvale 205, I have replaced my hose with Eheim 16/22 hose. Eheim do a fitting kit which can be used.

I have replaced my 305's with Eheim tubing too. I have been advised to poke it into the ribbed hose just to go over the rim as it is a tight fit. However im yet to do this

Back