• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

flygja's 60cm NAC

Hi, thanks for the interest. It's been getting away from me at the moment. It went without a water change for about 3 weeks due to other commitments and a combination of BGA, GSA and BBA has formed all over. So far I've beaten back the BBA but GSA and BGA remain stubborn.

Here's what it looks like at the moment.
DSC01914.jpg

I've replaced the stems from Ludwigia brevipes to one I've been searching for a while - Limnophila aromatica. I've also stripped off all the moss off branches I can remove from the tank and tied back a few strands. Must keep on top of trimming with mosses or they'll just look bad.

Also trying to cultivate some mini pelia aka Riccardia chamedryfolia
DSC01915.jpg

That said... a few design decisions made early on are starting to bite me in the back. Positioning the hardscape too near the front glass. Too little soil to hold up the driftwood. Getting just a little bit annoyed at it. Might rescape soon. Knowing my slowness and multitude of changes in a scape, I need to start preparing for 2012's contests!

Thanks for the comments Mike. I do have another 300L I'm setting up, but its going to try its very best to be a low maintenance scape for discus. Not a competition tank. This would be my only competition tank. I just realised that I would probably need the driftwood in this tank to go into that tank :geek:

Back