• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

flygja's Cascades

that looks fantastic :D .
no point entering IAPLC though.some one from the UK is going to win this year ;) :lol: .

Thanks for the kind comments! Looking at the UK scapes this year, plus those whom are in stealth mode (you know who you are!), I don't think I'll even make the top 500 :lol:

I'm moving houses early next month too. So this scape is in its last days o_O

chuppy said:
Hey David,
am finally here. Thanks for the recommendation :thumbup:

Drew
Haha.. :)

Welcome chups!

A new scape is always good all right. I'm downsizing to a 60cm tank so that I can re-do it more often. Re-doing this tall-ish 90cm takes me 2 days, roughly 6 to 7 hours each day. Back-breaking work!

Well I've torn it down. Decided to get rid of it since it had algae-infested silicone, scratched glass, a crappy hood, shoddy wiring etc etc etc. I did take one final full tank shot, but I moved houses over the weekend so my PC is still in a disembodied state at the moment. So here's a walk through time... I mean my photobucket account :lol: It represents about three and a half years of scapes in the same tank. Comparisons with George's 7 years of scaping thread will be met with abuse :lol:

September 2006 began with a hand-me-down tank and hand-me-down top filter. Hey, we all start somewhere right? :lol:
phase2_0004_small.jpg

Added CO2 and base fertilisers! Note stylish Lilaeopsis braziliensis palm trees 8)
Day1_1.jpg

At this point I still wanted a jungle-type scape for discus.
day28_3.jpg

And then I discovered ADA...
DSC01192.jpg

This how it looked a few months later. I miss this scape a lot :rolleyes:
DSC02300.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

My IAPLC 09 submission. Was busy trying to get married around this time, so the glosso carpet became a glosso shag-pile. I did get a nice letter from ADA saying I got 729th place :lol:
_DSC4368-2.jpg

And to finish off... some pics of the latest scape. The good ol' days when soil didn't crumble (much) and Staurgyne didn't melt! There were also shared on the first post.
_DSC6501_dxo_raw_gimp_600.jpg

DSC06999.jpg

DSC06995.jpg

I promise the last full tank shot once I get my PC back up.

Back