Fortitude - 60x45x30

Diogo Sousa

Hi all,

After learning so much from everyone here on UKAPS I thought I'd give back and share my journey, whatever may come.

In August I moved to a new house and with the moving of course came a rescape of my (now oldie) TMC signature 600. I've been planning this new setup for more than 6 months now and unable to take much action due to the moving. Now that's done and I have some time it's finally taking shape. I'll be reusing some plants and gear while trying out some new plants and methods.

The Specs
Tank - TMC signature 600 (60x45x30), custom cabinet
Filter - Oase Biomaster 250 with Aquario Neo media and ceramic rings, poppy lily pipe and inlet skimmer (let's see how the poppy does, can always change)
Light - Chihiros WRGB2 45cm hung from ceiling, for now using old Chihiros A series since I need to replace the controller on the new lamp
CO2 - Pressurized with Qanvee inline diffuser into a Sunsun canister used as reactor
Substrate - Tropica Soil, ADA La Plata sand
Hardscape - Seiryu Stone and Talawa Wood connected with stainless steel screws and cable ties
Ferts - DIY mix

Plant list
Stems - Rotala sp. Green, Rotala Rotundifolia, Rotala Orange Juice, Rotala H'ra, Myriophyllum Guyana
Epiphytes - Bolbitis Heudelotii, Microsorum Pteropus Trident, Anubias Pangolino
Moss - Fissidens Fontanus and Weeping moss
Ground cover - Eleocharis Mini, Eleocharis Parvula, Helanthium Tellenum Green, Cryptocoryne Mollmanii, Cryptocoryne Nevellii

IMG-20201007-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20201007-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20201007-WA0001.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:

Ady34

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hi,
that’s a really dynamic looking scape, the wood has a really nice flow and the rock work transition looks really natural perhaps with the exception of the far upper right most one which seems a little overpowering currently. Perhaps your planting plan will soften it :)
Looking forward to updates on this one.
Cheerio,

Last edited:

Diogo Sousa

Thanks @Ady34. In regards to the rock, it was my intention to have a really big rock on the right side of the scape to add some "drama". Looking at it bare it does seem quite overpowering and I am also very curious what the planting will do to it. In my previous scapes the rocks always became covered by plants so at least this one probably won't.

Plants are arriving tomorrow and I'll be planting and flooding during the weekend. Exciting times!

Deano3

I love the scape looks excellent as ady says very dramatic but really looking forward to this

Thanks for sharing
Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Diogo Sousa

After spending most of Saturday planting the tank was finally filled. No problems arose except for a small leak in the filter which was fixed by replacing some o-rings.

IMG_20201011_214729.jpg

Light is on for 7h at 50% with co2 coming on 6h before lights on at 2bps. I'm dosing light version of EI daily and see how that goes.

Last edited: