• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Frogbit's Amazonian Wild Thing!

frogbit

I've just joined the forum, and have been asked to start a journal.

The tank is a 250L, with an Amazonian theme. It's my first tank and has been running for about 20 months. I only added pressurised CO2 a week ago, in the hope that I would be able to grow red plants more successfully. I've also added some tissue culture pearl moss to the wood, which took me so long to get around to tying on that the Redmoor root was out of the tank for 4 days, dried out a bit, and now has big stone on it to keep it down.

It's a work in progress:rolleyes:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 139
Thanks guys.

I'm hoping with the addition of the pressurised CO2 the jungle will become much more dense!

The substrate is made up of ADA Power Sand, Aquasoil, and granules, with some Sarawak sand at the front. I dose the water column with EI ferts.

I'm using a SICCE Whale 350 external, and a couple of Ehiem compact powerheads, to get the magic 10x filtration/flow in the tank. The lighting is LED HO Pulzar from Giesmann.

As far as stock goes I have Marbled Hatches, Rummy Nose, Emperor, and Ember Tetra, Sterbai and Reticulated Cory.

Planting is mostly Echindoras (several varieties), Altananthera, and Hydrocotyle.

I'm amazed at the beautiful tanks I've seen on the forum so far. I have a lot to learn!

That's an extremely well worked scape especially for a first attempt;)
Thank you. Not quite a first attempt;) It's been fiddled with a bit since it was first planted (I can't help myself!) but in essence the scape is pretty much the same as it was day one. I had a bit of a disaster last October when the LED bar packed in, and it took almost 6 months for the company to send me a replacement. I lost quite a few plants during that period and had to replace them.

Back