• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

From jungle to jungle clearing....ish

nduli

I have a 130l custom build tank in the lounge. It's about 8-10yrs old and has generally been what I would politely describe as a jungle tank, you could also call it unplanned or lacking in appropriate maintenance. I went high tech for 2 years and all was fine until 6 months ago when I got a horrendous bba outbreak then 8 weeks ago the timer failed on the co2 and I nearly lost everything in the tank. I had enough and stripped down and moved on.

Current setup is

Filter:
all pond solutions 1400ef
eheim i stallation set 1 and 2 running through 22mm hosing
Sponge over inlet to keep shrimps out of the filter.
have a Huey hung air driven sponge in there until the all pond has fully matured (was seeded).

I have 2 24w t5's with reflectors and a blue moon for night viewing.

Substrate is tesco cat litter cheap but a mare to plant into.

Wood is swamp root weighted down with slate. Rock is dragon stone.

Plants are anubias nana and nana petite. Narrow java fern. Java wendenti (sp?) and some thinned out crypts as well as flame moss on the wood.

Currently have 100+ cherries ranging from Sakura, low grade through possible few fire reds and some interesting chocolate shrimps. There are also couple of amanos, 2 ottos, 2 Corydoras, a few mini Corydoras (species name not known) and 3 chilli rasbora from a batch of 20 ( lost 17 to the co2 overload) :(

Aim of the tank is to look like a big tree root on the edge of a jungle leading into a clearing. Need something on the right hand side, possible to go with another big dragon rock piece or another small piece of wood with some plants closely grouped around would like to try a tellanus carpet across the floor but so hard to get it to stick in the cat litter I think. The right side needs some break up I think to slow the flow through the bottom right end of the tank, the shrimp won't got near it unless they are stuck to the sponges.....

Current piccies to follow.

mapapyba.jpg

de4y2a3u.jpg

hyzutemy.jpg

mavu4abu.jpg

aqu3yhy6.jpg

New wood purchased for the right side of the tank. Debating whether it lies flat or on its side. Needs soaking and weighting down with some slate. Then will add some plants to it and some moss I think. Need to get hold of some weeping, java and fissidens

Lying flat
e4agymyh.jpg

On its side
6uqeqa4a.jpg

Back