• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fruit Bush Wood?

Dr Gibbon

Seedling
Hi,

Im wondering if anyone has used wood from fruitbushes in their tanks, specifically gooseberry. I have some that has been debarked and cleaned up, but was wondering if anyone had used it previously and what the results were like? Longevity and so on.

cheers

Hi all,
I've used Apple and that was fine. I've never used Gooseberry, but I think it should be all right as well.

Most fruit bushes etc are pretty devoid of alkaloids etc that would make them poisonous. Gooseberry is "Ribes uva-crispa", but I couldn't find any toxicological data for them.

My main reservation would be that Gooseberry plants aren't very big.

cheers Darrel

Grape vine wood is an increasingly popular choice too...for all it's twists and turns...and like Darrel says, as in the case of fruit bushes, it's supposedly pretty devoid of alkaloids too...I think:confused:
Cool avatar by the way...I've a great aunt who looks just like that, and she's pretty good at just hanging around, and swinging from branch to branch too...o_O

Last edited:
;)Very good! Thanks for the info guys I really appreciate it

Back