• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

fulvic acid/ trace chelate / antioxidan / Fe++

emreutku

I have %2 iron liquid chelated with fulvic acid (for terrrestial plants)

Search on net and learned that fulvic acid have chelating and antioxidan properties.

Color of the liquid is yellowish. So i think it means Iron is Fe++ form also?

Any comment?

thank you

Hi all,
Fulvic acid is another name for/part of the humic acid complexes. The yellow colour suggests it is Fe3+ (ferric), but it sounds like the iron isn't fully chelated. Ferrous compounds (Fe2+) are very pale green. Try making up a solution of 100ppm or similar, and oxidising it with an air line and diffuser, it should go an opaque rusty colour and be "frothy".
cheers Darrel

Thank you darrel,

I am sorry for misinformation of color, here is original color of liquid iron sol; pinky

two glasses, about 1000ppm fe, i open new air stone

after two hours with air stone
there was white precipitations in one glass.
But there was no color change.

Hi all,
I'm not sure, the iron isn't oxidised, but it is not a product I've used. I had a look at http://www.viresco-uk.com/information/horticultural_humate_products.asp, but it contains a lot of "pseudoscience" and implications , but not a lot of facts.

I don't think it can do any harm, but it may well be less efficient than EDTA in keeping the iron chelated. I'd try it diluted to give 0.2 ppm Fe in the tank and see what happens.

cheers Darrel

Back