• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fx2 filter advise

mikey101

Hi, need some advise/comparison just set up this fx2, which has been running for 3 days now it has a loud hum and noise of air inside every 12 hours it removes the air but then returns I have checked all connections and cannot see where air will come into the filter please any advise I'm grateful

Every 12 hours the pump will stop for 1 minute to evacuate any air that may have become trapped inside the unit. This is part of the FX series design.

Is that what you are referring to?

What's happening everything time it shuts down then turns back on the canister is not as loud (air noise) after release the air. But withing minutes the air noise in the canister returns and micro bubbles are being released back into the tank. Motor seems very loud all of the time a loud hum.

The in pipe is under the water line by about an inch so not sure where air is coming into the canister

What's happening everything time it shuts down then turns back on the canister is not as loud (air noise) after release the air. But withing minutes the air noise in the canister returns and micro bubbles are being released back into the tank. Motor seems very loud all of the time a loud hum.
OK, so I assume you have gone around the unit and checked everything is in place, sealed tightly and fitting correctly? (This includes making sure the internal filtration is all seated nicely as well?)

The mico-bubbles do suggest that air is getting in, even post a purge.

The in pipe is under the water line by about an inch so not sure where air is coming into the canister
Just for clarity, when you say in-pipe, do you mean in the return flow from the canister to the aquarium (outflow), or do you mean aquarium to the canister (inflow)?

Inflow. also connection on outflow is also under the water line. I have checked everything I can

Why is the inflow only under the water only at an inch? Usually this is more in the middle or more at the bottom.

If you lower the inflow a lot (let. 's say to the bottom), does that stabilise the issue?

So the inflow is at the bottom of the tank cannot make it go any lower but where the connection of the pipe to the intake pipe is that's under the water by a inch if that makes sense

Ah, now I understand! Got it.

At this stage, I can't see what the problem is. So I am going to ask if @Le duke can provide any insights as he has great experience with the FX series.

I’d replace all of the stock hoses with 25mm ID silicone and the pipes with 3/4” PVC (~25mm OD).

I’m guessing you have air intrusion in the inlet line somewhere. That or the valve isn’t fully seated or sealed to the top of the filter itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back