• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fx5 , UP aqua atomizer & DIY spraybar

Hi
Just buy the correct size tubing and use cable ties... attach to the outflow of the FX5.
Then you will be able to attach the UP atomiser.
Should be simple enough.
hoggie

It depends how big the tank is as you will have to reduce the pipe internal diameter from the standard 25mm to 16mm so it will fit the atomiser, this will reduce your flow rate. If memory serves, George Farmer had some good results doing it with his 240 litre Jungle tank that he did for PFK, the link below shows the tank.

George's Jungle

Looking at the results and the plant mass though, it doesn't seem to have impacted anything very much! That said, George is something of an artisan when it come to all this :rolleyes:

So all you need is a 25mm to 16mm pipe reducer, some 16mm tubing and a suitable outlet (quite a few available for 16mm tubing or you could indeed DIY your own.

Tyrophagus' DIY spraybar

That link is a good example. :D

You may also need a little 25mm tubing if you go for flexible hose aswell, I'm not sure how the ribbed hose will fare with the pipe reducer but it may be fine.

Hi
Would you not be able to stretch the 16/22mm tubing over the filter out flow nipple.
You would need to use very hot water.
Are you sure the of the width of the FX5 nipple.If its smaller than 25mm it will be easier.
hoggie

Sorry Hoggie, yea you probably would be able to although it would be a squeeze like you say.

I measured the outlet OD where the pipe attaches and it 25mm (possibly a shade under). I'm not sure how the flexible tubing would like going over the tank rim though without kinking or possibly coming lose, popping up and flooding the general vacinity :woot: . I imagine a suitable u bend would be needed to go over the tank rim for that.

Hi JB
Yes you are correct you would need a u bend to go over the rim of the aquarium.
As the photo illustrates....and some fabricating to fit the spray bar.
Cheers
hoggie

Thank you so much guys. :D I think I will go with Butler's idea of using the pipe reducer. I am a very very poor DIY person,....the last time I DIY-ed a spraybar,....this was what happened :

:lol:

02042011047.jpg

Yeah,...so by using a simple pipe reducer, it should help me make use of the regular eheim spraybar for the 16/22 mm hose.

Thanks again.

Back