• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GabrossIV 220 liter first try.

GabrossIV

Hi guys its my firts try with planted aquarium i wanted to share with you my 220 liter tank so you be able to help me if i made something wrong and i will update this threat after a little time.So let's begin from the information and and the equipment.

Aquarium: 220 liter
Lights: 2-T5 gro lux 39watt + 2 osram 39watt 865 (6500Κ)
heating: fluval 300w into stc1000 temp controler
Substrate: seachem flourite
Ferts: seachem all of them
Co2: 2 kg bottle
Filtration:eheim 2215,sen internal filter 800l/h for circulation
Hardscape: Mountain rocks and red moor wood
Plants:lobelia cardinalis,blyxa japonica,eleocharis parvula,hottonia palustris,egeria densa,limnophila sessiliflora,rotala macrandra,rotala rotundifolia,heteranthera zosterifolia,bolbitis heudelotii,hemianthus micranthemoides,pogostemon erectus,java moss.
Some photos from the start until now 2 week sorry for the bad quality.
The plants isn't in best shape because i replant them but with the time they will be fine.
tWEsz5ll.jpg

j3HEp6fl.jpg

T75eM36l.jpg

Trimming eleocharis grass :D
O0mxWujl.jpg

ivLR1Bhl.jpg

Xa7eHavl.jpg

Excellent job, especially for a first attempt!

Is that Egeria densa on the left there? If so, I have a feeling you'll be pulling it out soon; it grow far too bloody fast!

Is that Egeria densa on the left there? If so, I have a feeling you'll be pulling it out soon; it grow far too bloody fast!
- but is fantastic, as a "helping plant", to get plant-mass fast, and thereby getting the tank going :thumbup:............when the rest of the plants are growing bigger, you can dismiss it, if trimming becomes too much work.
- and I agree, mate.....very good, especialy for a first try :thumbup:
Mick.

Thank you very much for your kind words!
Yes this plant is egeria densa and its growing toooooo fast,when the other plants grow up i will pull the egeria densa off but i will leave only one or two pieces only.
I always loved the planted aquariums and always like to have one so this is my first attempt. :)
I have an other one 420 liter with 10 scalare,11 corydoras and 30 rhodostomus with some easy plants.

No matter what we think, if it's what you had in mind, then brilliant!
It's not that easy to reproduce what one has in it's own mind... :)
More seriously, it's quite nice! Now we have to wait for it to mature. :p

Thank you very much for your response and your kind words!
Now i will update when it grow up a little,if you have any suggestions iam all ears!

Back