• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Get excited and make something.

Ah well worth a shot, I though it might end up being bashed haha.

It's still a good GEAMS as it will get people thinking outside the box :)
Just because they have not managed to get a balanced system in a small space does not mean others can't. Just not a sealed up small space!

You can't achieve a stable ecosystem in a sealed bowl, it's impossible. They're nice to look at and everything but not really animal suitable.

Sorry for my lack of input on these lately guys, uni work has to take prevalence, I think GEAMS could well be dead anyway judging by the two pinned threads I just noticed.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/to ... try1814438

Lots of dead links now but still a good collection if I do say so myself.

it will never die! Love this thread - i come back to it time and time again. I'm just sorry i don't have the time to find and post up suitable links. It's definitely opened my eyes to some amazing things across a really broad spectrum! Hope uni work is going well, Matt

It's going fine, just lots to do, big project and predominantly research/intuition based so it's trying to build it all together, I'll post up the final presentation sheets once I'm done.

Cheers for the props Matt, I'll try and pop up some stuff as and when but like I say they'll be few and far between by and large. Btw, if you ever want any help with that big tank emersed set up let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I thought I would update my jar as I got some nice growth on the stems that I wanted. Everyone still thinks I'm weird for having underwater plants in a jar out of water but there you go :lol:

jar002.jpg

jar001.jpg

nice post garuf.....but thats actually a pico in a dolls house :D :D haha nah, its a great tank, think he could spare any cutting :)

Neil looks great buddy,should get a few on the go and see if you can sell them at a garden centre or a show, id have one for sure...ill have to try one sometime

As much as I love that tank I have no idea what so ever how he does maintenance of the very bottom of the tank.
Your jars coming along really well, Neil, You should be proud. I haven't forgotten about your wood btw, Just been a lot busier than I thought so haven't had chance to ride my bike out to fetch some.

I'm not even sure you can do that though, look how little space their must be for placing your feet. Props if he's actually getting in there, it's gotta be easier than cleaning my nano where I can't even get my hand round the hardscape very easily. As much as I love nanos, I just wish they were easier to navigate around.

nayr88 said:
Neil looks great buddy,should get a few on the go and see if you can sell them at a garden centre or a show, id have one for sure...ill have to try one sometime
Cheers mate. Sounds an interesting idea to try sell them, although it would be difficult to sell them in any quantity. Have a go!
Garuf said:
Your jars coming along really well, Neil, You should be proud. I haven't forgotten about your wood btw, Just been a lot busier than I thought so haven't had chance to ride my bike out to fetch some.

Thank you :) Maybe the wood wood look daft? What do you think?

Hmm, I dunno, it'd be a matter of trying it out and seeing. I can see it working.

I think the wood would look really good, not too much though.

Sorry to go of topic of GEAMS, but outside my flat there's a really nice grassy area with a few trees, I'm crap with tree types ect but there's always a ton of alder cones out there, some with a decent bit of twiggy branch attached to them. I know people use the cones but are the branches aquarium safe?

Cheers

Almost everything is tank safe as long as it's not too soft. Alders as a general rule like wet sites which tends to mean the wood is very soft so it could rot super quickly in the warm water of our tanks.

Think ill grab a small bit and try and just keep an eye on it...
Cheers mate

Back