• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glassware dilemma

papa_c

Got a little issue with my tank set up, I have a EA 900 with a frosted background. Just purchased some glassware to replace my clear spray bars and intake pipes. The pipes from the filter exit the back of the tank, when trying to attach the suction cups to the back of the tank on the frosted back they do not hold as the backing is not perfectly smooth.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to keep the lily pipes and intakes in place?

There are clear plastic brackets that are available!
Usually from China/Ebay ......:(
1598209677207.png

hoggie

Just had a thought, If I was to put some plain white fablon on the area that the cups will stick would that work?

Or maybe some clear fablon? The problem is flattening out the bumpiness. Also, you don't want to think that its suckered on (if you have the glass sitting higher than the tank) only for it to not grip sometime later and drop to hit the rim... probably get away with it a few times but if the return pipe were to crack without your knowledge :O

I am tempted to get some of the brackets, because the way my hoses sit, the glasswork seem to twist slightly out of place

Hi papa_c

I have 2 pairs of those clear plastic holders (picture above) new and unused. I bought them for my nano aquarium but they're a bit too big for my 12/13mm glassware that sit very flush with the tank, however as you have a larger tank with I'm guessing 17mm glassware? They would probably work really well...

I'll happily send you a pair if you want to give them a go, it would save you waiting a few weeks for them to arrive from China like I did!

Let me know and I can stick some in the post.

ETA: attached some pics for reference. That's with a spare 12/13mm lily pipe, the screws just about pinch the pipe. With ~17mm glass I reckon you'd be sound.

333.jpg 222.jpg 111.jpg

Last edited:
Back