• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glide

Mental note: check feeding rock on all sides when removing. I just had a heartattack removing it when the rock suddenly started moving in my hand . Crazy liniolata was still stuck to the underside of the stone. Luckily I managed to quickly put it back in the tank where it quickly swam off but in a different state of mind id have tossed the rock before realising what was going on 😆

Last edited:
Following an example here I got a doa mister to see if I can prevent the plants growing out of the water from drying out. Yesterday was maintenance day, they love it.
20220117_132743.jpg

20220117_132733.jpg

20220117_131347.jpg

20220117_131325.jpg

I love these fish, always looking at you with those shiney eyes.
20220125_132354.jpg

Tilted perspective:
20220125_132332.jpg

Fields of blyxa and fontinalis waving in the flow.
20220125_130749.jpg

Low water high light and wood are the perfect moss growing circumstances. Using this spot to grow all sorts of mosses and some buce twigs for safekeeping.
20220125_130745.jpg

Lominie asta f20, its alright for the price, but for this tank it just lights a dark corner behind the rock, its not a main light. I use it on my refugium too to grow undemanding plants. It's alright for the price, solid build quality, nice shimmer, but havent tested it as main light on demanding plants.

a custom tank sized 73x42x28 cm, a wide shallow tank that neatly fits the available space & holds 80 liters. Truth be told, its not the best piece of work but its opti white and 10mm thick glass. and a bargain price, so I'm not complaining too much.
I would love a tank with those proportions (those exact dimensions would be perfect) and spent a long time searching UK suppliers, but could find no option other than expensive custom build (and I'm out in the sticks a bit which doesn't help). Looked at terrariums but nothing really suitable (Ciano Tartarium was tempting but apparently very fragile). Scaper tanks are a step in the right direction, but long, wide and shallow just doesn't seem to be catered for. If anyone knows of UK suppliers that aren't a premium price would love to know.
I'm guessing yours was sourced within the EU? Could you tell us more about the maker?

I would love a tank with those proportions (those exact dimensions would be perfect) and spent a long time searching UK suppliers, but could find no option other than expensive custom build (and I'm out in the sticks a bit which doesn't help). Looked at terrariums but nothing really suitable (Ciano Tartarium was tempting but apparently very fragile). Scaper tanks are a step in the right direction, but long, wide and shallow just doesn't seem to be catered for. If anyone knows of UK suppliers that aren't a premium price would love to know.
I'm guessing yours was sourced within the EU? Could you tell us more about the maker?
Its a dutch maker who is still learning the trade of making aquariums. Thats why it was a bargain price too :) it has some flaws not visible on the photos.

Growing algea but trying to not grow 3 specific types of algae is harder then it looks. Gsa appeared and is being fought by adding tiny amounts of easylife fosfo. But bba relies upon manual removal and carb dosing. I accidentally introduced hair algae while testing if sewelias eat those (don't think they do). I discovered some of it took hold in my precious mosses so again manual removal.

Closeup of the mini coral moss. I nearly lost it in my previous tank - literally lost it as it became disattached and vanished. I found it when dismantling the tank between some pearlweed. Stuck it to this wood near the surface and its thriving!
20220204_153907.jpg

Oh hmm, interesting. I tried searching for that right now but could only find references to "Mini Pellia" which is a stupid name in my opinion :lol:
But "Mini pellia" is just normal Riccardia chamedryfolia from what I understand..
But this one you have is a mini version of the normal one, correct?
Could yours be the one they call Riccardia sp. "graeffei"? It looks more similar than chamedryfolia but it is possible that yours is just very happy where its growing and thats why its so round? 🤔:geek:
I have been terminally infected with moss collectoritis, so sorry for probing so much 😅

This is supposedly the same as the larger one, just way smaller. Like anubias nana and nana bonsai. The rounder leaves have started to appear when I put it in this location, before that it was thinner. It could well be the graeffei one, I have only got the name the store used. It's a very slow grower

The mist never gets old somehow.
20220216_175508.jpg

20220216_175516.jpg

Lost one sewelia due to being careless I think. I treated some hardscape with peroxide and think she might have grazed over it while it was reacting, as she started acting weird shortly after treatment and died later that night. The others are all fine.
Daily removal of hairalgea I spot. I am cursing myself for introducing it in the first place. Aside from this the tank is doing ok. There was some bba which I cant explain but treated with peroxide and seems almost gone now, fish seem happy but no young yet (or the wcm eat them).

Has anyone else noticed that sewelias are mostly active late afternoon and evening, and not in the morning? Or are they just lazy like me 😆

Back