• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glosso Bowl.

spyder

Walking around Asda the wekend I found a nice little glass bowl for a fiver and a nice dish for £3 for a future Wabi.

I decided to try some spare glosso clippings. Bowl is small maybe just under 1 litre. Not sure how glosso will cope with no flow when it's flooded but 3 days in and I see slight growth.

Here it is.

Eco complete.
Glosso Trimmings
Sone stone pieces from garden centre rockery section.
Cling film hat. :thumbup:

mazzn4.jpg

Cheers Antoni. I find it great fun to play with leftovers with minimal costs. Gives me something else to look at whilst waiting to trim my tanks. Shame I wont see my tanks or this bowl now till Thursday night.

The substrate slopes a little, front to back and from misting I had a little puddle at the front which I removed with a pippette. I may drop a few drops of my EI mix in the substrate. I've added 2 tiny sprigs of Staurogyne repens since taking the photo, behind the large rock for a bit more fun. :D

Great Little Bowl, ASDA are great for finding bowls like these.
Missed out on some 30*30*30 Acrylic Tanks a few years ago.

That right up my street. Really cute :)

I'm going near an Asda tonight, to help me see if I can find one, can you tell me what section was it in and what was it sold as?

I saw the little bowl in Asda last night, but opted for a tapered vase instead.
It will be used to keep my drepanocladus aduncus in (an upgrade in size from the vase it is currently kept in so that I can grow it on a bit more).

http://direct.asda.com/Etched-Tapered-G ... lt,pd.html

Sorry for the OT, just wanted to share :)

Are you planning on adding any livestock to your glosso bowl (I'd add some snails if it were mine)...

Quick update.

I added a few more clippings of glosso here and there I had to hand. There is growth and it's nice and green. Last week I added around half a ml of my EI ferts to the substrate. I'm thinking of loading up my misting bottle with tank water. Should carry enough ferts :D.

Here's some update shots.

IMG_7887.jpg

IMG_7892.jpg

This bowl has a bigger brother and has been picked up at Tesco's for the bargain sum of £6.40. I did a capacity test on this one, here it is holding 5 litres. They also had some interesting vases there too. :D

IMG_7886.jpg

Back