• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glute examples

Stryda

Seedling
Hello, setting up a 450 litre tank, looking into using Glute for carbon source, however have read mixed reviews on it, and not much recent info on its use. Are people still using this stuff? Hoping some of you can share pics of your glute fed tanks....

I use it. It works.

20180901_194343.jpg

Bought my gluteraldehyde from Chemical Supplies UK via Amazon. 5Lires of 50% delivered by courier to my door. Change from £50. You need to be careful and confident to handle the concentrate. Read up before you buy. 30ml diluted to 1 litre with de-ionised water gives 1.5% solution. I dose at 1ml to 10 gals. Fish & shrimp fine. Helps develop reds in plants. Found upwards pH drift into the bicarbonates. All plants need 'real' CO2 so I also inject pressurised CO2. My tap water supply has changed chemistry. No temporary hardness, moderate total hardness (approx 100 to 120ppm) but has a pH in the 8's. Company must be softening the supply with lime dosing. Hope this is of use to you.

Thanks guys really helpful! I don't mind handling the stuff if it works :lol:.
Lovely tank kezzab, can you share some more info on it, i.e. lighting, substrate, fert dosing and glute dosing amounts?

Hi, journal is here https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/stig-of-the-sump.48558/

Things have changed a bit over time. Currently dosing 3ml TNC complete a day and 5ml TNC carbon. I have also added gas in the past week as an experiment because I had a set up spare. Lighting is very low. One TMC aquaray with only 4 functioning LEDs.

That's like 10ml DAILY. 1000ml will last you over 3 months but still, when you consider a one off purchase for a reg of 80 quid for a decent one plus as little as 12 pounds per 5kg for extinguisher, it is going to be more expensive in the long run.

Back