• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Going to have a go!

Thanks for the compliment! I am putting in Ferrapol fertilizer but only dosing the amount of water I put in with the weekly water change, I ml per 4 litres.

Thanks for the compliment! I am putting in Ferrapol fertilizer but only dosing the amount of water I put in with the weekly water change, I ml per 4 litres.

I do the same ;) well actually I do a bit less as I have low tap nitrates so I replace a bit of Ferropol with some complete fertiliser...

Okay statements come before a fall ( and wearing my glasses helps). My 'algae under control ' post was sooo wrong, I did a weekly water change and a good clean today only to find a fabulous collection of pond snail eggs all over my Amazon sword which was bad enough but the 'forest' of Stag horn algae was just too much! Major reshuffle and removal and I only have half a forest left.!
How do you get rid of the stuff?
Rant over and off to work I go!

Hi DianeC I have a lot of Hygrophila rosea Australis trimmings from.my sons tank grown low tech
20190529_224357.jpg
it's the green one that has created the jungle
It's a fast growing stem plant if you would like some may help to balance your tank

Ooh yes please and I have plenty of the floating Limnobium laevigatum (Amazon Frogbite) and/or Salvina Minima (Water Spangles) if you want anything.

June 2019 (plus 1day!)

Time seems to be flying by. Well things are positive and negative for June.
My planting has decided to rearrange itself in the tank so I'm living with it at the moment before changing the dynamics. It seems to want to create more of a left high right low diagonal across the tank rather than my central burst!. Opinions please!
I also seem to have loads of baby shrimp coming out of everywhere, their colour is looking mainly a strong red but some orange are popping up too. Good excuse to start another tank for cull shrimp of course!!! On the low side, I have lost another of my Pygmy Corys. I'm feeling guilty that I have/n't done something to cause it. I am feeding live worms and two types of, recommended by LFS, shrimp food. Both say they feed theirs this. Water changes are regular and about 20% plus the shrimp seem to be thriving - nothing but worry this aqua world. And finally I have to say I have the most spectacular leaf with Stag Horn algae growing over it, I know a total nono and I should really get rid but the shrimp just love it.
IMG_20190701_163713.jpg
IMG_20190701_172517.jpg

Back