• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Goldfish bowl no filter aquascapes, how to keep warm?

Monkfish

Just been looking at a few YouTube vids of those no filter scapes in a bowl or cylinder.

Has anyone done one before? I would love to keep some cheery shrimp in one, but don't know how i would keep the water warm enough for them?

This is the one love:

or his Bowl one too

Cherry shrimp are pretty adaptable and arguably do better at room temperatures of 18-22c, so for the average house you won't need to heat the water. I have a little white cloud minnow setup with cherry and the water goes down to 16c on occasion and the shrimp are fine, I also know people who have kept cherry shrimp outside all year long.
You can get heat mats that will sit under the bowl if you really felt you needed it, which is what some betta keepers do, but they should be fine. You might not get any breeding until the weather warms up, which could be a good thing, and your plants will likely grow slower, again probably a good thing, but it should work fine unless you have a really cold house.

Cherry shrimp came from subtropical climate and can take chill. I hang my shrimp Bowles by the window and worry more about summer heat than winter cold. In my heated room, the temp in the bowl can drop to 15C in winter night, and not a problem with my shrimp except that they seem to slow down in breeding.

Attachments

• 598375E4-5AAF-47B6-B3D7-87A5E2E26C38.jpeg
    598375E4-5AAF-47B6-B3D7-87A5E2E26C38.jpeg
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 97
Back