• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Good LFS' In Crawley

Gill

So we have moved to Crawley(PoundHill), and are staying here for 10 days at first, to see how we like it.
Just wondering where people would recommend.

Also Anything decent around southall, Going there later in the week

Waterlife research have a shop on the Bath Rd in West Drayton. The other side of Heathrow. Not been there in a while but I used to live in the area and gave heard that it has been done up. They have always had an aquatics centre but I've heard that they have added a pet and Tropical plant centre.

hi mate, im 5 miles south of Dorking, so in the area.

the best LFS's around are:

Dorking Discount aquatics - family run, decent prices, stock basic aquafleur plants at good prices (crypts JF, anubias, and stems) got a marine section as well

The crawley MA: isnt to bad, its located on the ring road that goes around gatwick airport. Fish seemed okay (i bought 6 C.trilineatus from there and they are still going strong) plants seemed pretty decent. some HUGE echinodorus and anubias in there.

if you need some help send me a PM.

(avoid charlwood aquatics like the plague, shocking conditions for fish and most look diseased)

thats no problems mate, welcome to the area.

MA at west horsley is not to bad as MA's go, but its a fair distance from you.

Hi Gill
World of Fishes at East Grinstead is my favourite shop in this area; last time I visited they had removed their dedicated plant tank but was probably going to replace it with a new one. 20 to 25 min drive. Fish are always in 1st. Class condition.

As well as Nick’s suggestion Re. MA a 2nd!!!!! one has just been installed at the garden centre on the 264 Crawley to East Grinstead Road. This is a 5 min.drive from P/Hill. Not much stock yet as tanks are being cycled.

Then you have World of Water on the Worth / P/Hill Road to Turners Hill 10 to15 mins.drive tops. Fish are not very healthy, plants from a grower that never names.

I also live in P/Hill, have always been more into fish (killifish) than plants but since I found this brilliant forum I’m hooked. So only a newbie but your welcome to pop round for a chat anytime.
Mike 206

Mike 206 said:
Hi Gill
World of Fishes at East Grinstead is my favourite shop in this area; last time I visited they had removed their dedicated plant tank but was probably going to replace it with a new one. 20 to 25 min drive. Fish are always in 1st. Class condition.

As well as Nick’s suggestion Re. MA a 2nd!!!!! one has just been installed at the garden centre on the 264 Crawley to East Grinstead Road. This is a 5 min.drive from P/Hill. Not much stock yet as tanks are being cycled.

Then you have World of Water on the Worth / P/Hill Road to Turners Hill 10 to15 mins.drive tops. Fish are not very healthy, plants from a grower that never names.

I also live in P/Hill, have always been more into fish (killifish) than plants but since I found this brilliant forum I’m hooked. So only a newbie but your welcome to pop round for a chat anytime.
Mike 206

Thanks for the Info Mike, Nice to know there is another forumite nearby.
Back home at the parents now for the weekend.

Only managed to go to the Copthorne road branch and although small was very nice.
Very nice selection of Fish and the prices were lower than i expected them to be.

The Most impressive thing was the HUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggEeeee New Display tank that is going to be for Large Predatory Fish. The Bogwood in there were huge but looked small in such a large tank. Had a Nice talk with the guys in there and they are hoping to add some Big 2Foot+ Silver Arrows in soon.
The Tank is Over 2600Gallons and will be amazing to watch the fish swim in.

no offence but large swathes of crawley, is poorly built housing plus A large ethnic minority there due to the proximity to gatwick and the large amount of jobs it provides.

saying that some areas are better than other, if you more on the fringes of the town.
you go for a 5-10 min drive from the place you get some lovely places like, charlwood, norwood hill, newdigate (where i live) but they are pretty remote.

Back