• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gourami Gloaming #4

Second tank has arrived and while better than the 1st there are still niggles. You can see the sliders for the glass top above the rim of the tank. The right hand pane of glass sits out by at least a couple of mm. On the right hand corner there is a chip off the corner. Maybe this is what you can expect for £167. It doesn't leak though and is guaranteed for 3 years.
du4ubetu.jpg

gytezy8e.jpg

davutedy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That's some really nice wood. Try turning it in different directions and moving it left or right if possible to see how you like it when the main stump isn't directly in the middle of the tank. Otherwise, great find! It fits the dimensions of the tank nicely.

I did have a fiddle with the wood today and i prefered it as it is. When its planted you won't see the stump anymore. ;)

It's certainly better than their first effort. Are you going to keep it? My 200x45x40 was quoted at £280 so I think you should expect quality for the price you paid for your tank.

The shape is very pleasing thought. It'll look brilliant with substrate, water, plants and fish. I'd recommend littlies though. They make the tank bigger and really add dynamic movement to the tank

Littlies = small, tiddlers etc
Ah! Well chocolate and liquorice gouramis are pretty small. Its more about creating an excellent environment for the fish I've chosen while making it attractive for me too. I'm not really into scaping and then adding fish purely to accent my scape.

Going to have to follow this one, and would love to keep the fish you have planned ... One day! Please keep us updated with progress and details :)

Oh wow tim, thanks! I've had a picture in my head of how this should look since I joined ukaps...

Reactions: tim
Set up the tetratec 1200 today and prepared myself for the leaks lots of people have complained about in reviews. Well there were absolutely none. Filter was doddle to prime and start and its really quiet.
ype3ymyt.jpg

Attached some java fern today (mini, narrow and needle)but still have more mini java fern to pillage from the wee shrimp tank. Another member is kindly sending me some bolbitis h. to put on the stump amongst the java.
8avuta7u.jpg

bu9usa8a.jpg

Hopefully next week I'll be receiving a delivery from Alastair which will include lighting, substrate, heater and other stuff to complete the set up. Will list everything fully once arrived. Excited! :nailbiting:

Last edited:
I have to say I'm really pleased with it. I took out the ceramic noodles and put in chopped up plastic pot scrubbers as suggested by Clive. It is sitting on yoga mat to reduce any vibration noise.

Don't even think you need the Yoda mat tbh

But the force is with any filter that sits on a Yoda mat. It elevates midi-chlorians don't you know :D

Reactions: tim
Back