• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gravel or sand

Frederick

Hi all.... Having successfully beaten the CO2 problems I have had three attempts at growing Riccardia and Hemianthus "Cuba" in the tank front gravel with very little success I am wondering if this ia because I have gravel and not silver sand.The problem is that if I wish to put sand in the front only,the tank is very much planted. I would need to remove some gravel and replace with sand. How could I stop the gravel collapsing into the hole. I do not wish to empty the tank but I would be prepared to remove all the front gravel IF i can retain the gravel at the back.
Any siggestions will be most appreciated alternatevly suggestions as regards very low growing carpeting plants.
Please help...... Frederick

Can't you put some sort of plastic divider or something to stop existing subtract sliding? I was thinking something like a lid of a margarine tub while you are putting the sand in. Others may have a better solution.

Back