• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Greetings everyone!

Ovidiu

Hello everyone!
I have been lurking on this forum for the past 6 months and i have decided to join this wonderfull comunity. I have been moving a lot lately and i havent got the time and stability to start a new tank but i think that was for the best as i found lots of information here that will help me in the future and its a pleasure to see some journals and scapes before i go to bed. I started my first tank about 15 years ago but it was far from what i see today. The angelfish was like a trophy for the aquarist that could keep them alive and today its not harder than any other fish you can find on the market. After a long break i started joining the forums from my country and saw something that really touched my eyes: Aquarium gardens. Since then i raised many fish, african cichlids, american cichlids, but for me the real aquariums were the planted ones, especially the Dutch Style. I started my first planted aquarium in a juwel rio 125. It was a basic planted tank with some parvula, s. repens in the foreground and didiplis, rotala and some aromatica in the background. The first month was ok but after that things went down with lots of algae for unknown reasons at that time. 5 years ago people were very drastic on measuring everything in the water so to try to resolve my problems i bought jbl test kits. After long debates on the forums and lots of testing back home i had to put an end to my project and start to study some more. I know now that the real issue with my tank was the strong lighting and poor fert dosing along with co2 that wasnt enough.
For the past months i've learned more from this forum than at any other time so for that i want to thank you for all the great articles you have put together and the effort to encourage this hobby.

I will start a new project in the near future and i'm really looking forward to putting all the info i got from this forum into it. I feel like a kid on Christmass just by thinking about it.lol

Untill then i wish you all the best and sorry for the long post! Cheers

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project :thumbup:

Back