• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Greetings from Leicestershire

Al Grant

Seedling
New member from Whitwick in Leicestershire.

Just getting back into the hobby after a prolonged break.
Had a high light, high CO2 & EI dosing planted tank set up about 8 years ago but that got shut down around 4 years ago when work meant I didn't have the time to perform the required maintenance and it started to suffer.

Read through a good many threads on here before signing up and found answers that helped in planning the new set up.

Now using the same 200l tank but new equipment.
Set up as a 'medium' light tank about a week ago and currently doing a fishless cycle.
Plants settling in and adapting and showing some good early signs of growth.

Took a few pics during set up and will post some more details and pics later .... not because you want to see pics of yet another tank .... but because it might help when answering some of my dumb questions! :(
(I have forgotten much during my 4 years away!)

Cheers
Al

New member from Whitwick in Leicestershire.

Just getting back into the hobby after a prolonged break.
Had a high light, high CO2 & EI dosing planted tank set up about 8 years ago but that got shut down around 4 years ago when work meant I didn't have the time to perform the required maintenance and it started to suffer.

Read through a good many threads on here before signing up and found answers that helped in planning the new set up.

Now using the same 200l tank but new equipment.
Set up as a 'medium' light tank about a week ago and currently doing a fishless cycle.
Plants settling in and adapting and showing some good early signs of growth.

Took a few pics during set up and will post some more details and pics later .... not because you want to see pics of yet another tank .... but because it might help when answering some of my dumb questions! :(
(I have forgotten much during my 4 years away!)

Cheers
Al

Hello and welcome Al!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all .....

Enjoying having a tank set up again. Still growing in but looking the way I wanted it.
Fishless cycle still going on, but heading in the right direction and still algae/snail free ...... probably another week or two before the first fist, but that all depends on the water stats

Hi al new member too but not had any experience from swadlincote just up the road from u well almost hope the tank goes well

Yeah learnt loads already just takin in it and processing it all got a ada 60p and amaznion soil and power send in my green machine basket ready to order with the chiliros a plus lights in mind

Yeah learnt loads already just takin in it and processing it all got a ada 60p and amaznion soil and power send in my green machine basket ready to order with the chiliros a plus lights in mind
Hahahaa mega money then? Chihiros are a good light! I have the 30cm A series. Works so well with the dimmable switch function.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Not got the money yet lol just get as and when I can looked on eBay at tanks but want a new one lol the green machine tank is 99 so that's not to bad is it
What filter do u use and i found a aqua one co2 kit for £36 95g bottles so not massive will that be ok that's with difuser too

Not got the money yet lol just get as and when I can looked on eBay at tanks but want a new one lol the green machine tank is 99 so that's not to bad is it
What filter do u use and i found a aqua one co2 kit for £36 95g bottles so not massive will that be ok that's with difuser too
The 95g bottles won't last you long bud. I would recommend buying 2kg fire extinguisher. I have one on my 60litre heavily planted tank and it's lasted the year so far. I used to use the fluval co2 kit but i always had to turn the co2 on manually which was a pain around work etc. I jjst have a dual stage regulator on my FE on a timer so works a treat :)

As for filter I use an all pond solutions hang on back filter. The 600ho version. Try and aim for at least 10x flow rate to ensure best filtration.

No it should for Striaght on from the regulator. I buy my FEs from eBay and got my regulator second hand off there too :)

Back