• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ground cover?

level200

Seedling
HI Guys

I'm new to this forum and planted tanks.
I have a 125L Fluval Roma and would love to end up with a lank that looks half as good as the ones here.

can anyone suggest some ground cover that stays small but spreads to cover the ground and look nice and green?

Cheers
John

Elocharis acicularis
glossostigma elatinoides
hemianthus callitrichoides

those are the most common. give them a quick google and see what you think.

Thanks for that.

I love the hemianthus callitrichoides. Any tips on planting and getting the best from it please.
Hopefully i'll have pick once the tank takes off :)

Cheers for any help

John

level200 said:
Thanks for that.

I love the hemianthus callitrichoides. Any tips on plantine and getting the best from it please.
Hopefully i'll have pick once the tank takes off :)

Cheers for any help

John

John

Have a read at the attached thread shortcut for advice on HC.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8820&start=0

As for your question regarding where to buy good HC - have a look at the attached
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9740#p104259

Regards
Paul.

Hi John,
You may have to increase your lighting a bit as well as the roma 125 only has two 20W lights which works out at ~1.2WPG. Cant remember if they are T5 or not. HC may get a little leggy.

Rob

As well as the above.
If you can get it... creeping moss. you will need a lot of patience though as it creeps very slowly.

level200 said:
I love the hemianthus callitrichoides. Any tips on planting and getting the best from it please.

Tips... use injected CO2 or a liquid carbon supplement.
I think you will struggle to get it to grow in a carpet without using one of these.

Back