• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Growing Anubias Nana, but not in a Tank.

Another Will

Seedling
Hi,

Having lapsed (twice) with planted tanks, I'm now feeling very enthusiastic, as work is balancing up, allowing more time for family and hobbies.

I've recently had a big pruning session in my tank, and have three 3" lengths of Anubias Nana rhizome to grow on.
I don't have room for it in my tank, but do not want to throw the rhizomes away. I've also had to completely de-leaf them, as the leaves were completely algae covered.

Now, can I grow these rhizomes on, but in a 'glass vase/tank'? I've have plenty of Seachem onyx sand/tetra plant mix to put in the vase, stones for the rhizome to be placed on, and tropica TPN+ for ferts, and seachem excel (which I don't use otherwise)

Would this work? Do I need water turnover in the vase/tank? Any clear instructions will be gratefully received!

Cheers,

Will

ive got some in a frog viv couldn't say if it growing inly been in about 3 weeks but most of it is still alive

Thanks for the feedback.

Well, I bought myself a cheap glass vase from Ikea, and am giving it ago. We'll see if it works...

Back