• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Growing Glosso.

andy

Would it be possible to grow...and then maintain over a long period, glossostigma in approx 1-2cm depth of eco complete ?

I plan to have quite a bit of glosso in my new tank and thought it would look good if it was in shallow substrate...and of course it would save a fortune.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Glosso should go fine in that much substrate its not got overly deep roots. It is high maintenance re pruning though, as it grows so fast is will quickly fill an area and then become very compact, this normally means removing it and starting fresh. Although there might be other ways of maintaining longer term.

Sam

Themuleous said:
Although there might be other ways of maintaining longer term.

Care to expand on them Sam as I've just bought my first Glosso for my new tank...

Can you trim the top like a lawn and mow it down then let it re-grow?

Sorry mate, dont know! Was hoping someone else might pipe up and suggest an alternative to ripping it all out and starting again!

I guess a hair cut like you do with HC would be a possibility, that would certainly open it back up again, be a million times easier and its so vigorous that it'd grow back in no time.

Sam

Back