• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

H.C QUESTION

JOHNNY B

Seedling
hi ive ordered apot of Hemianthus Callitrichoides,for my nano, and was wondering do you plant it in the pot,or remove it from the container?

I don't know about planting it in the pot as it may restrict the outward growth.

One thing I found is you cannot get away with planting HC in clumps as it will seperate and you will be constantly replanting it again and again.
The only way to really do it is to break it down into individual stems (takes ages) and plant each one using tweezers so the root goes down as far as possible.

Will prob take over an hour for the one pot and drive you insane but is the best way in the long run!

Remove all the growing media.

If its 1,2 grow, wash the jelly away and cut into 1cm clumps and plant with tweezer...

If in rock wool, cut the bottom 2/3rd off, then, leaving some rock wool for the roots to grip, cut this up, again into 1cm clumps and plant with tweezers.
It will grow fine in small clumps, you just need to prune the plant regularly to start with, to get it to look like a flat carpet.

Easy peasy.

Good luck.

Back