Hagen luminary

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Themuleous, 30 Sep 2007.

1. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

I popped into a local garden centre that has an OK fish section and saw that you can get a new hagen luminary. Its the one thats over their new Osaka range of tanks. Unfortunately it didnt have a price tag and I cant find anyone selling it on the net.

Just wondered if anyone else has seen/hear of these, there was a thread on the PFK forum about them a while back.

http://www.hagen.com/uk/aquatic/product.cfm?CAT=1&SUBCAT=105&PROD_ID=01039100030101

I particularly like that the bulbs are set quite deep into the the unit with a reflector wrapped around them should make them efficient at getting the light into the tank.

Sam

2. Maximumbob

Maximumbob Member

I saw the same thing in PFK this month (p. 119).. it had me a little curious too!

It goes into the vital stats there as well.

24, 39, 54W T5HO
    Single or double light units.
    integrated extention brackets - 23"-40" (24W) 35"-52" (39W) 47"-64" (54W)
    Integrated reflector.

Thats all I could glean so far... Just couldnt find the price!

3. beeky

beeky Member

A little off-topic, but I'm a bit confused about the whole Hagen, Juwel, Fluval branding. I thought Hagen were the company that made Fluval filters and Juwel tanks. But then I found out that there are also Fluval branded tanks but both come with Hagen/fluval branded stuff. Have I lost the plot?

4. bugs

bugs Member

Juwel is Juwel...

Hagen is Hagen & Fluval (and prolly some others too).

5. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

Yes Hagen is huge. It includes Nutrafin, Laguna, Fluval.

6. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

I've just been into my LFS and they have a range of these in both twi and single tube versions.
    The double T5 versions for a 36" is listed as about £60 and, as Sam said, they do look pretty good at first glance. They were selling the reflectors separately too and they look like decent 'gull-wing' ones too.