• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hare Hill - Reborn

Re: Hare Hill - the shrimp-scape project

Yes that is the one and I have trouble finding any... :(

Antoni said:
Yes that is the one and I have trouble finding any... :(
Yea
It is hard to find in the UK...and its very expensive from the far east..and I'm not sure how it would travel anyway :?:
So you could be on a loser.
hoggie

a1matt has some of this for sale on the For Sale section!

Have you orderd some yet?? Looks good,

WAIT! I have a stone with some on that im taking down soon, I can send it to you ;) just pay postage

and of course you have to promise to grow it on and pass it amongst the forum members :D

PM me your address and ill get it sent to you.

Re: Hare Hill - some changes

It has been awhile since I have updated this journal, so decided to show you its current state.

14.05.12%2520%25283%2529.jpg

Pardon me for all the equipment inside, but it was just a test shoot. I have a frosted effect foil as a background and I love it :)
Well, it is still far from what I want to achieve, but I think slowly I'm getting there. Please tell what do you think about it?!

It has been through a lot of transformation since its initial setup :oops: The trouble is that is none CO2 tank and every change of plants takes long time to get them established and growing :crazy: First I had a moss carpet, but I didn't like it, then tried with Hydrocotile all the way through..which didn't work as I wanted it, so I have removed it from the left front corner.

Now I have the intention to plant this bare substrate part of the tank with either elatine or with white sand... I know that the elatine will get a long time to establish and cover the bottom, without CO2 injection, but I think that its small leaves will compliment the scape, having in mind the small volume.

what do you guys think: Sand or elatine?

Hi, and wow, how effective is that!
Really like the hardscaping.
Personally i think white sand would look a little garish in this nature scape so id go for the hydropiper!
Cheerio,
Ady.

I love the way the branch comes forward to the front left hand corner.

I know what you mean about non CO2 tanks and growing and settling the plants, it is a time consuming process!

Andy

I was a bit concern in the beginning about the branch reaching the front, but it worked quite well. I like it too :) The none CO2 approach is...well a bit like bonsai keeping, takes ages :) July I will get my CO2 system set and will force this scape towards its completion.

Re: Hare Hill -near completion

It has been awhile I haven't updated this topic...

The tank has been neglected for quite some time, but a week ago, I have put my hands in and changed the hardscape a bit and planting... I have a CO2 running for couple of months too.

This is how it looks like now:
Aqua%2Bfrom%2Bdistance19.10.12.jpg

Ignore the pot with elatine...its not meant to be there :rolleyes:

Will try to get more pics tomorrow.

Back