• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Have Your Fish Tried Natures Grub?

Smells Fishy

I've been pondering about Mealworms ever since I first took notice of them in Pound Stretcher thinking they could be an interesting treat so I read the label and it said the birds prefer if they are soaked for 5mins. Hmmm I thought. Then I came across Nathan Hills article about Natures Grub so I looked on the site and found its sort of like natural fish food haven. I've got a 4inch Oscar plus two Jaguars not much smaller so I think the food that would appeal to them would be Dried Mealworm Beetles, Dried Earthworms, Large River Shrimp and Freeze Dried Krill Superba. Tried any of those?

Cheers.

Earth worms etc are good, be cautious with the mealworms as they are very high in fat - even lizards should be fed them with care

One of the concerns re feeding beef/pork heart to discus has to do with the relative melting points (& structure) of the fat molecules - not sure how mealworms etc compare to fish ...
as an occasional food, it's likely fine.

Earthworms i feed sometimes to my goldfish when digging in the garden.. Fat ones i chop to pieces small ones go in piece.. I used to have sticklesbacks in there.. And these are realy hilariously ferocious fish taking on earthworms 5 times their size and go crazy about it. I guess if you chop 'm small enough it will be very healthy food for any other fish.. :)

In the early days we caught earthworm to go fishing using an old car battery and 2 screwdrivers connected.. Stick 'm in the ground and depending on the grounds conductivity they come up in abundancy around. :thumbup:

Back